Tuesday, June 2, 2009

White Water Rafting

Michael has decided that he's slowly going to ease me into dangerous, outdoor activities and the first one was this past weekend...white water rafting on the Ocoee. I had heard from several people that it was a lot of fun but this was my first experience. I was a little nervous about signing the waiver that acknowledges in the event of an accident no one would be "at fault", but I figured after we drove (well, he drove) almost 2 hours to get there I couldn't back out. I'm so glad we went - it was so much fun and I would definitely do it again!
We had a fun group on our raft. One couple was from Laurel, MS and the other was from Mobile, AL. I thought that was kind of neat since I'm from MS and Michael is from AL. The guide asked if anyone wanted to "ride the bull" (sit in the front) as we were approaching some big waves. Michael volunteered. You couldn't have pushed me to the front of that boat but he is a dare-devil. It was like slow motion for me: I see the waves; we go up in the air; Michael flies to the sky; all I see is his feet; and then he's nowhere to be found. My heart stopped for a second because he didn't pop up immediately. We were all looking around trying to figure out where he was and finally he was on the left side next to me and two other people. We all just grabbed him and pulled him back in the raft. He was okay - no scrapes or bruises but he got stuck under our raft which is why he didn't pop up immediately. I suddenly remembered why I didn't volunteer...
Here are a few pics from the "bull ride":

Group shot - he's getting ready...










Hang on...









Okay, so maybe he didn't fly all the way to the sky...










Nothing but feet...










WHERE IS HE???










It was a great "first" for me - and I definitely would recommend it! We had so much fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment