Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Hodge Podge

Update: I cannot figure out how to get the spacing at the bottom of this post to work. I'll have to get my smart, techy friend, Amy, to help me!

So, maybe I haven't fallen off the face of the earth...although some days it seems that way. One of my faithful readers was sweet enough to tell me yesterday that I "suck" at updating my blog. You know who you are...SAUNDRA! I won't lie and say that the thought of blogging hasn't crossed my mind - it has. I've even thought, "oh, I should blog about that" and for the life of me, I have no idea what "that" would be at this point.

I can't believe it's December. Where did 2009 go? You know how you can fast forward through commercials on your DVR, and you can increase/decrease the speed? I feel like the last couple of months have been on the fastest speed. Bad analogy, probably, but the first one that comes to mind. Where to start? We moved at the end of October into Kate's super-cute house. I never dreamed it would transform so much in such a short amount of time. I know I promised to post pictures - and I will - eventually. I'm so excited for her and am looking forward to having a house of my own again one day (sooner than later). My commute to work is shorter and I'm enjoying the 15 (or 30) extra minutes of sleep! I've been going home (to MS) on the weekends every couple of weeks and although in the words of my sweet, pregnant friend - the drive "sucks" - it's SO nice to be home, even if only for a short time!

Thanksgiving was great! Bart had to work, but we had a nice dinner once he got home. Mom, Dad, and I put up the Christmas tree and set out some of the Christmas decorations. I have so much to be thankful for - not just on the holiday, but every day. God has truly blessed me in more ways than I could count or ever deserve.

Saturday, Mom and I watched the Egg Bowl and I'm not sure which one of us was screaming the loudest. No matter how bad our team has proven to be over the years, I've always been (and will always be) a Bulldog at heart. Nothing could have prepared me for how well we played - it was like watching another team. Maybe next year we'll have a winning season - maybe. No bowl games for us this year, but we'll take the win against Ole Miss. GO STATE!
There was a little "song" posted on Facebook this weekend that I thought was cute. I'm only posting it here so I can look back and remember it one day. No offense to my Rebel friends..."Cowbells ring, are you listening...Down the field, Dixon sprintin'...A beautiful sight, Rebels crying all night...Walking with the trophy in our hands."

It's almost time for new babies!!! Lexie is due January 8th, Saundra the 15th, and Lee the 17th - all of which are hoping for December (but not Christmas) babies! I'm almost as excited as the Mommas - and I can promise you, I'm excited to NOT be the one actually giving birth! I will say, though, that there are some definite benefits to almost all of your BFF's having babies before you. I guess some things won't be such a shock when it's my turn one day. Lexie's shower was Sunday and it was so fun and she got so much cute stuff! Baby Wren will be set when he/she makes their grand entrance. I cannot wait to find out what this baby is! Here are a few pics of the cute little Momma:

The Hostesses













Lex and Me










Yummy!

Last, but not least, today is my sweet Mom's birthday!! Happy Birthday to my favorite Momma in the whole wide world! I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Its about time!!! I was wondering when you would update!

    ReplyDelete