Sunday, April 4, 2010

Back in the Saddle

I'm baa-aack!!! I realize it's been over 3 months since I've blogged. But, really, who's noticed? Really?

I officially moved back from Atlanta on January 13th. I cried every day the last week that I was there. I didn't realize how hard it would be to leave, but I never once doubted my decision. I had a week of down-time between jobs which was nice. I moved back into my parent's house which was interesting...for everyone. :)

I started working at UMC on the 19th. I love it! I feel like I learn something new every day and I work with a great group of people. One of the things that I was worried about was leaving my comfort zone and the wonderful people that I worked with in Atlanta, but I can honestly say that I laugh (a lot) every day and feel like I "fit" with the ladies in my office. They - along with my boss - have been so patient with me as I sink my teeth back into HR.

The department that I'm assigned to is Perioperative Services - all of the operating rooms, the pre-op, and post-op areas. I was given the opportunity to "observe" in each of the ORs (Main, Batson [childrens], Wiser [women and infants], and the Day Surgery Center [where my mom works]) which was truly unbelievable! I got to see some neat cases and the sweetest part of all was watching the nurses sing "Jesus Loves Me" as they put the children to sleep. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

In other news...I bought a house! The closing was March 1st and since then, I've done a lot of painting...which is a work in progress. I love my little house! I joke that I live next to the Golden Girls because most of my neighbors are retired - ha! They've made me feel very welcome and every week when the trash runs, my trashcan is always sitting by my garage door when I get home. I'm only about 3 miles from my parents, my BFFs Julie and Lexie live within a mile, and it's close to the interstate which is great for my commute back and forth to work.

I'm looking forward to visiting my BFF's out of state - Amy (Orange Beach) and Kate (Atlanta) - but Dorothy was right when she said there's no place like home!

1 comment:

  1. I have noticed and I have missed you in the blog world!!! Can't wait for you to come visit!

    ReplyDelete