Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Alive!

It's been a few weeks since my last post, so I wanted to let all of my readers (that I talk to everyday) know that I'm still alive. I wish I could say I've been on a 3-week Caribbean vacation and too busy laying in the sun and sipping margaritas to post, but I assure you that's not the case. And, if it were, I would have totally posted just to tell you how jealous you should be!

Here's a quick re-cap of the last three weeks:

Two weekends ago was the half marathon that I had planned to run, but once I got up to 7 miles or so in my training my knee started killing me. I tend to be irrational in certain situations (those of you who agree, please keep your mouths shut) but having endured one ACL Reconstruction, common sense kicked in and I realized it was more important to be able to walk than run a race. Momma didn't raise no fool! And, what sick-o thinks it's fun to go run 13 miles? Oh wait, that was me. Several of my friends ran and they did great! Hopefully, next year my knee will cooperate and I can resume my sick-o status. :)

Last weekend, Kate's parents, God-parents, and brother were in town. Her mom's birthday was the week before so she flew her God-parents in from St. Louis as a surprise...and boy, was she! Here is a group shot minus Mr. Mike (Kate's dad) because he was taking the picture - try not to look too closely at the (dust-covered) gold "chandelier" that hangs over the dining room table. I promise the rest of the house is this dusty.










One of just us girls -








This past weekend was Easter and I headed to Jackson Thursday afternoon after work. I love going home because I get to see my family and friends, but it's just that - it's home. In anticipation of Easter weekend and what it symbolizes, my heart was just heavy all week. I could not get this song out of my head. To say that I fail and fall short every. single. day. would be a HUGE understatement, but I don't have to live in fear of my failures because Jesus bore my sin and shame...in love He came...and gave amazing grace! He's ALIVE...thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment