As anyone from the South can attest, it has been HOT! I went to Jackson for Father's Day and was convinced I would melt before I made it back to Atlanta. I'm going back this weekend for the 4th of July and am excited to report that it's only supposed to get up to 98 and 99 degrees while I'm there. Throw humidity in the mix and you're looking at at least 162! The humidity is just not as bad in Atlanta. We might die of smog inhilation but at least it won't be from a heat stroke. :)
The past few weeks have been busy! Work has been busier in the past month than in the past 2 years that I've worked here. Aside from that I have been concert-ing it up. First, my Mom came to ATL and we went to see Al Green and Etta James. It was so neat to hear "At Last" in person! I love that song and plan on dancing to it at my wedding one day. Al Green is a performer and it was an overall great concert! I didn't get any pictures, but if you could have seen Carla you would have no doubts that she had a great time.
A couple of weeks ago Taylor Swift and Keith Urban were in town. I didn't even know it until the day of - Kate and I had been out running errands when we heard an advertisement for the concert over the radio. We looked at each other with the "you wanna go?" look and agreed it would be fun. I'm not a huge Taylor fan - mainly because I feel 100 knowing that a 19-year old can sing like that. On the other hand, I am a fan of Keith's. Dude is SMOKIN HOT! And the best part? After he sang a few songs, he ran through the crowd and climbed up on a smaller stage that was set up right in front of us!


Last weekend some friends and I went to see Dane Cook. I've never been to a comedy show like that before, but it was hilarious! L-R - Charleston, me, and Kelsey and our futile attempt at a self-portrait.

For those of you who live in and around Jackson - all 2 of you - please be advised that there is something in the water! I'll give you a little hint...it takes 9 months to bake! Oh my goodness at the babies who have just been born and those still "baking"! My friend, Jenna, had a baby boy named Foster on May 28th. My friend, Amy, had sweet little Annelise on June 16th. Another Amy is due with Mary Morgan on September 4th - but we're convinced she's coming early because she's measuring 2 weeks ahead of schedule. My friend, Lexie, is due January 8th - and we won't know until D-Day what that baby is (I say GIRL). Lee is due January 17th (which happens to be Big Sister, Ella's 2nd Birthday - how about THAT for timing??). And, Saundra, is due around January 21st! 3 babies in 2 weeks = Auntie being BROKE! But, I am SO very thankful for the precious blessing that each one will be and am praying for healthy babies, healthy mommas, and quick deliveries! I'm so excited!!
May we all remember the sacrifices that have been made as we celebrate our freedom with friends and family this weekend! Happy 4th!!


I was wondering if you forgot about your blog! LOL!!! I LOVE reading your blogs. Not only do we laugh all the time when we are on the phone, but I crack up reading your hilarious yet sarcastic comments! Mary Morgan is steadily rolling around while I laugh my head off at you! Love you bunches and miss you!
ReplyDelete