Friday, February 27, 2009

10 Years...

I never dreamed the last 10 years would have gone by so quickly. 10 years ago, I was in the middle of my last semester of high school. I was about to leave for Europe on Spring Break with my friends, Lexie and Megan, and all of our moms. I was head over heels in-love with a guy I was convinced I would one day marry. I was beyond excited about graduating high school and going to college and escaping the "same old, same old" routine. How times have changed...

Plans have begun for our 10 year high school reunion and I am ecstatic! Since I live out of state, I can't attend the monthly planning meetings. Fortunately, I'm close to several of the girls who have taken the lead (thanks, guys!) in getting everything lined up and they fill me in. I want to help in any way that I can, but for the most part my "job" has to be done remotely. So, I was asked to work with two other girls from our class to develop a contact list. All I can say is, thank God for Facebook. Over 100 of my friends on Facebook are from my graduating class, so that worked out perfectly. I've gotten a great response so far and have developed a spreadsheet with everyone's name, address, email, and phone number. Unfortunately, our graduating class was roughly 240-something people so there are still a lot of "blanks" to be completed, but we're getting closer.

It's hard to believe that some of the people I saw day-in and day-out for 12 years, I haven't seen in 10. It will be so good to have everyone back together again and catch up! I just hope I can find a date between now and August. :)

1 comment:

  1. You are doing a GREAT job getting the names together.

    Flashback 10 years ago...I sure wish we were planning our Europe trip again. Good memories!

    ReplyDelete