Sunday, February 8, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You...

Kate and I met our friend, Kelsey, yesterday afternoon to go see the hottest new movie that was released on Friday - "He's Just Not That Into You". I read the book when it first came out and could totally identify with most of it. The movie, to me, was just as good as the book. It's a hard pill to swallow to think that a guy you like really isn't into you - a pill that I've swallowed on more than one occasion. I tend to over-analyze everything like Gennifer Goodwin did in the movie - she might just be my new BFF!

I don't understand why the work week can go by so slowly and the weekends (especially warm, sunny ones) can be over in the blink of an eye. Saturday morning I was up at 5:45 trying to mentally prepare myself to run 6.2 miles. I started the race with my friends Calvin and Austin - I didn't finish with them because they were (much) faster than me. I finished in 1:02 but was pleased with that time. When we got out of the car Saturday morning it was 31 degrees...and the race was on the Chattahoochee River which made it feel even colder. I should have worn gloves because my hands were numb when we started running. The course was not laid out well. We had to turn around twice and at mile 5 there were two hills that almost killed me. Oh well, at least it's good practice for the half marathon.

I'll close here since I'm work and probably shouldn't be blogging anyway. Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment