Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Growing Up

I heard a quote once that says something along the lines of, "your friends are the family you get to choose". I would agree with this statement although I feel like I should follow that up with the fact that I love my family - and wouldn't choose any other even if I had the chance. I am so blessed to have the best of both. You've already met some of my favorite people; others you'll get to meet soon.

My best friend, Julie, and I grew up in church together. Our moms are best friends, so it's only natural that we would be. She's seen me at my best and at my worst. Looking back, I can't remember a time when she wasn't a part of my life. She is one of the most loyal people I know and we've shared every emotion under the sun with each other. She met her match when she married David - they are truly a couple I admire and love to hang out with. In November of 2007, their family expanded when they welcomed my beautiful "niece", Ashley Ryan. I will never forget the night Julie called to tell me she was pregnant - I was SO excited for them and couldn't wait to meet this baby. Over night it seems, Ashley Ryan has gone from a newborn to a 14-month old "little girl" whose laugh will just melt your heart. Julie called me a couple of weeks ago to tell me that AR was carrying my picture around the house - as if her "Auntie" didn't LOVE to hear that! So, without further ado, meet the Smiths - David, Julie, and Ashley Ryan.

(I stole this picture from Julie's blog)










I look rough in this picture! I drove from ATL straight to Julie's driveway soon after they came home from the hospital. I couldn't wait to get my hands on that baby...seems like yesterday.










And here she is at 14 months - I could just eat her and her lollipop hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment